(Artwork care of Karen Ramsay (www.karenramsay.com), profile photo care of brianlackeyphotography.com)

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Front Range recommendations, 8/26


It's a slower week, but we'll double up on the Pimps of Joytime

Friday, 30 August (CSU Intramural Fields, Ft. Collins CO)
Macklemore and Ryan Lewis

I remember when Macklemore was a supporting act with a prerecorded backing track (review). And he kicked ass then. Then I listened to The Language of My World (review) and I was really blown away. In recent years, he's become more of a household name, working with producer Ryan Lewis. Even as his raps and beats have evolved, his honesty, sincerity, and humor have remained constant.

I missed my own window to score tickets and now this show is sold out. But if you don't have your tickets yet, just pay the scalpers, you'll be glad you did.

Saturday, 31 August (Cervantes Other Side, Denver CO)
Sunday, 1 September (Cervantes Other Side, Denver CO)
Pimps of Joytime

My buddy Brent texted me from a Pimps of Joytime show a while back and couldn't praise them enough. So far, I haven't made it to their previous shows in Colorado, but I need to get out there. Sitting down with 2007's High Steppin' (review) convinced me that they not only have the funk, but they've updated it, and dressed it up for a party on stage. They're playing two nights in Denver, so you have no excuse to miss them this time (I'm talking to YOU, Jester).



No comments:

Post a Comment