(Artwork care of Karen Ramsay (www.karenramsay.com), profile photo care of brianlackeyphotography.com)

Monday, July 30, 2012

Front Range - Recommended shows, 7/30

30 July (Bluebird Theater, Denver CO)
White Denim


It's been a while since I've seen Austin's White Denim, but their acid drenched jams and soulful grooves will keep your head spinning and your mind grooving.


3 August (Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Morrison CO)
4 August (Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Morrison CO)
My Morning Jacket

My Morning Jacket is one of those jam bands that turns out to be remarkably grounded. They tap into zen simplicity. Retro rock and psychedelia, everything is filtered through a soulful open attitude.

3 August (Cervantes Other Side, Denver CO
Sister Carol


And for really soulful, drop by Cervantes Other Side this Friday to see Sister Carol. Her feminist conscious rap/reggae is a delight. I'm hoping to catch this show because I've never seen her live.

No comments:

Post a Comment