(Artwork care of Karen Ramsay (www.karenramsay.com), profile photo care of brianlackeyphotography.com)

Monday, April 30, 2012

Front Range - Recommended shows, 4/30

This is a slower music week. That's okay -- after Todd Snider and Frankenstein Brothers last week, I'm happy to catch my breath.

1 May 2012 (Fox Theatre, Boulder CO)
Delta Spirit

I reviewed The Waits Room EP last year. I enjoyed Delta Spirits' Americana vibe and the few raw edges that crept in. From what I've read, the band has continued to evolve, but I think they're definitely worth a listen. They have a chaotic energy that should come though nicely in a live show.

2 May 2012 (Ogden Theatre, Denver CO)
Portugal. The Man

In the studio, Portugal. The Man balance loose trippiness with focused post-rock. Their live shows favor the psychedelic a little more. When I saw them last year, the moody lighting and egoless emphasis on the music made for an intense experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment